Turkish tourism up – third on Belgians’ lists
High hopes targeted by the tourism sector in Turkey are most likely to be fulfilled. Figures released by the Turkish ministry of tourism have revealed that between January and September of this year, a total of 8,217,525 tourists entered the country.
Local and foreign sources said that the number of tourists visiting Turkey by the end of the year would reach at least 10 million.
According to reports by the Anadolu News Agency, this sector experienced a 63 percent increase in 2000, with Turkey jumping to number three on the Belgians’ list of preferred tourist destinations, after France and Spain.
During the first nine months of this year, the number of Belgians visiting Turkey totaled 210,312, reflecting a 63.5 percent increase compared to last year’s figures. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
- Turkish tourism buoyant during first 10 months of 2000
- 'Hub status': Qatar Airways announces third route to South Africa
- Turkey is the Gulfi tourism pick for the summer
- Against all odds: Syrian-owned businesses top list of Turkey's foreign firms
- Countdown for one of Bahrain’s most exciting event yet begins - third annual Bahrain Boat Show International (BBSI) just weeks away