Expanded TV menu for Arab World
New research and analysis by the Arab Advisors Group has revealed that as of August 2013 the four satellite pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels.
The four satellite pay TV providers broadcast from the Arab World include Orbit Showtime Network (OSN), Al Jazeera Sports+, Abu Dhabi Sports and Al Majd. OSN offers the maximum number of channels at 102, while Al Jazeera Sports+ offers the highest number of sports pay TV channels with 20 sports channels.
A new report, Satellite pay TV operators in the Arab World 2013, that was released to the Arab Advisors Group’s Media Strategic Research Service subscribers, has 25 detailed exhibits, giving a detailed analysis of the landscape of satellite pay TV and profiles the four operators. The report also compares the channels, packages, prices, dealers and interactive services of the four satellite pay TV operators, in addition to full listing of channels, packages, prices and dealers.
OSN, Abu Dhabi Sports and Al Jazeera Sports+ also offer HD channels.
“Despite the promotions of pay TV operators, most of the Arab World remains tuned to free-to-air satellite TV channels. Economically, many viewers seem to favor the free content of FTA channels rather than paying for TV content,” Al Atiyat added.
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another
- China-Pakistan economic corridor: a game-changer for the Middle East?
- Suspended tax transfers pushed Palestinian economy to the brink
- Egypt passed the economic conference with flying colours, but what's next?
- Why the GCC really needs a VAT tax
- OSN launches MENA’s first dedicated and exclusive combat sports channel, Fight Network HD
- OSN marks significant investment for regional viewers; Investigation Discovery now available in dual language
- OSN Pehla adds 3 niche channels bringing the best in music, news and cookery from South Asia
- OSN signs landmark deal with AMC Networks to launch Sundance Channel HD in MENA
- Orbit Pay TV launches Al-Riyadhiya sports channel