Expanded TV menu for Arab World
New research and analysis by the Arab Advisors Group has revealed that as of August 2013 the four satellite pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels.
The four satellite pay TV providers broadcast from the Arab World include Orbit Showtime Network (OSN), Al Jazeera Sports+, Abu Dhabi Sports and Al Majd. OSN offers the maximum number of channels at 102, while Al Jazeera Sports+ offers the highest number of sports pay TV channels with 20 sports channels.
A new report, Satellite pay TV operators in the Arab World 2013, that was released to the Arab Advisors Group’s Media Strategic Research Service subscribers, has 25 detailed exhibits, giving a detailed analysis of the landscape of satellite pay TV and profiles the four operators. The report also compares the channels, packages, prices, dealers and interactive services of the four satellite pay TV operators, in addition to full listing of channels, packages, prices and dealers.
OSN, Abu Dhabi Sports and Al Jazeera Sports+ also offer HD channels.
“Despite the promotions of pay TV operators, most of the Arab World remains tuned to free-to-air satellite TV channels. Economically, many viewers seem to favor the free content of FTA channels rather than paying for TV content,” Al Atiyat added.
- New reports tells us all there is to know about salary increases in the GCC
- Misrata: Libya's 'entrepreneurial phoenix'?
- 'Dreams for Sale': an inside look into the domestic worker life in Lebanon
- A thriving black market: the lucrative business of runaway maids
- Going big (and small): 2015's hottest cars and trucks
- 370 Free to Air Sat TV channels in the Arab World
- The Arab World’s SAT TV boom continues
- Free to Air Satellite TV channels in the Arab World reach 474. 18.5% of these channels' headquarters are located in Saudi Arabia
- Close to 90 satellite channels compete over 71 million viewers in the Arab World
- Arab World: Governments still dominate Terrestrial TV landscape