Twin Disc in negotiation for new Israeli military contract
Twin Disc is in negotiation with the American Truck Company (ATC), a joint venture of Terex Corporation, STV USA and a Czech Republic heavy-duty truck manufacturer, TATRA to provide transmissions for 315 medium tactical trucks to be supplied to the Israeli Defense Forces.
ATC has been designated the preferred bidder by the Ministry of Defense of Israel (IMOD) to supply the medium tactical trucks and associated support. The announcement follows the conclusion of a nearly two-year competition between the TATRA-designed trucks and those offered by American competitors Oshkosh and Stewart & Stevenson.
Delivery of the trucks would be performed over the next 18-24 months. The ATC trucks are based on the proprietary design developed and tested over many years by TATRA, and features a "central backbone" chassis design with an all-wheel drive suspension.
Twin Disc designs, manufactures and internationally distributes heavy-duty off-highway power transmission equipment for the construction, industrial, government, marine, agricultural, and energy and natural resources markets. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Twin Disc wins new military contract
- Recycling Mubarak's pipelines: why Egypt 'doesn't mind' Israeli gas
- Motorola sells bomb fuse unit in Israel targeted by boycott
- Iran is taking the region into a new direction and it's time to jump on the opportunity
- Hyundai introduces new heavy-duty trucks to the UAE