Twitter hit by 'unfollowing' bug
Micro-blogging site Twitter is affected by a bug, which is has caused tweeters to 'unfollow' fellow users without their permission. The bug is causing Twitter users to randomly unfollow people without account holders' prior consent or knowledge.
The company has admitted that there is a problem and its spokesperson assured that theirteam is working to fix it." The company has advised affected people to visit its support page and go to fellow tweeters' profile pages to check whether they are still following them or not.
Thousands of users have been tweeting about their experiences of the unfollow bug and conveying their reaction to it.
"I wonder how many businesses, personal, and casual relationships are strained by the bughaphazardly unfollowing. It causes us to give pause and question the stability of the Twitter infrastructure, usage of my personal data and social network, and what important messages I may have missed from my trusted Twitter network," The Telegraph quoted Labour MP and fanatic tweeter, Tom Watso, as saying.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts