Twitter hit by 'unfollowing' bug
Micro-blogging site Twitter is affected by a bug, which is has caused tweeters to 'unfollow' fellow users without their permission. The bug is causing Twitter users to randomly unfollow people without account holders' prior consent or knowledge.
The company has admitted that there is a problem and its spokesperson assured that theirteam is working to fix it." The company has advised affected people to visit its support page and go to fellow tweeters' profile pages to check whether they are still following them or not.
Thousands of users have been tweeting about their experiences of the unfollow bug and conveying their reaction to it.
"I wonder how many businesses, personal, and casual relationships are strained by the bughaphazardly unfollowing. It causes us to give pause and question the stability of the Twitter infrastructure, usage of my personal data and social network, and what important messages I may have missed from my trusted Twitter network," The Telegraph quoted Labour MP and fanatic tweeter, Tom Watso, as saying.
- Now, Twitter available in Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew and Urdu
- Another mishap: BlackBerry withdraws Twitter app update
- Tweeting has never been better for Saudi Prince's Twitter investments
- Tweeting off the charts: Saudi ranks first in world for "Twitter penetration"
- Online censorship: UAE police shut down Facebook and Twitter accounts