UAE attracts $17 billion in foreign direct investment
The United Arab Emirates last year attracted $17 billion in foreign direct investment, an official said.
Mohammad Omar Abdullah, director of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said the UAE's liberal policies and flexible laws have largely helped leading international companies open branches and offices in the country, <i>Gulf News</i> reported.
Most international companies operating in the country are engaged in long-term strategic partnerships due to the great trust they have.
- UAE continues to attract foreign direct investment
- UAE secures AED 68.63 billion in foreign direct investments in 2006
- Foreign direct investment inflows into the GCC region declined by 15% to USD 50.8 billion in 2009
- UAE Investment Map sets strategic direction for foreign investments to the UAE
- Foreign direct investment in Arab world surges by 10% to $47.1b in 2012