'Next 7 years decisive to UAE's future'- Sheikh Mohammad
The next seven years will be decisive as the UAE works towards becoming a key global economic player, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, said.
Shaikh Mohammad made the statement on the occasion of the Dh650 billion agreements signed by national airlines during the Dubai Airshow 2013 for purchasing 500 aircrafts.
“The UAE’s vision for 2021 is to be the best in the world. We have global economic ambitions in many sectors, and among them is the aviation sector,” Shaikh Mohammad said.
“President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan is leading a new phase of growth in the UAE, and work teams in all sectors and emirates are working under a unified order, vision and goal. Over the past decades, the UAE has invested in individuals who do not acknowledge the existence of the word ‘impossible’,” he added.
“Forty-two years ago, an aircraft was alien to most UAE people. Today, our national airlines are leading the sector on the global stage. We are investing in the future, we believe in ourselves and our youth, and we are striving to make our people happy,” Shaikh Mohammad said.
“We have one of the best flight and maritime networks, road infrastructure and smart grids. We link the world with one another. The UAE will not simply be an interchange between the east and the west, but will become the new economic hub. We will become an economic, tourism and cultural capital to more than two billion people.”
“There is a message that we must convey to the region: The region’s stability lies in investments in the economy, affinity between nations and working for the leisure of citizens. We call on everyone to join us in our efforts to build a better future and rekindle hope in our region,” he added.
- To Bibi or not to Bibi: Israeli's and the cost of living question
- A crisis in the cards? UN official warns of economic downslide in Turkey
- The diversification 'diverse': Dubai stocks extend losses with crude oil
- Sharjah official says economy is healthy, diverse
- Bahrain: Social responsibility ‘vital for companies’
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s Dubai 2015 Vision outlined to leading regional corporate decision-makers
- The UAE needs to improve its energy mix for a more sustainable future
- Emirates NBD completes 50 years since establishment as first national bank in the UAE
- Economic outlook for the Arab world very optimistic: Sheikh Saud