UAE revises bankruptcy law
DEC held the first hearing session 2012, in the presence of Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of the Emirates Group and Chief Executive of Emirates airline, the meeting was chaired by Juma Al Majid, Chairman of the Council.
Policy recommendations for the DEC on the future of Dubai’s development were also reviewedrmes,” Shaikh Ahmed said. Hani Al Hamli, Secretary General of DEC, and representatives of both public and private sectors in the Emirate of Dubai also attended the meeting.
Shaikh Ahmed said the UAE economy and other countries in the region living in a changing international economic environment. He stressed that the update in the laws would strengthen the business environment and makes it attractive to local and foreign investments, and a driving force for higher competitiveness.
It also must be re-programming of the entire economic development strategy to cope with these changes. “The need for careful consideration of the financial restructuring and bankruptcy law draft to ensure that it serves the national economy,” Juma Al Majed said. “The draft law is a paradigm shift in the legal framework of the national economy,” Al Hamli added.
- You don't need to be Muslim to practice? Why Goldman Sachs' sukuk sales worked so swell this around
- Erdogan's ready to smear the banks: is Turkey about to face a financial crisis worse than that of 2001?
- An economic slowdown? The pros and cons of Israel's weakening shekel
- A spectacle of $8 trillion and more: what's the MENA Investment Conference in London all about?
- An odd dynamic? Saudi using desert to emulate Chinese model and attract Chinese investors
- UAE launches initiative to honor innovative and "virtuous" employees
- Dubai consolidates commercial laws to bolster investment
- Hubris in the UAE as it claims "immunity" from external shocks
- Dubai can take care of itself and won't be seeking more 'favors' from Abu Dhabi
- Be creative in real estate investment to boost economy in UAE