UAE revises bankruptcy law
This law aims to strengthen the business environment and makes it attractive to local and foreign investments
Click here to add Al Majed as an alert
Disable alert for Al Majed,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Dubai Civil Aviation Authority as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai Civil Aviation Authority,
Click here to add Dubai Economic Council as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai Economic Council,
Click here to add Emirates Group as an alert
Disable alert for Emirates Group,
Click here to add Juma Al Majid as an alert
Disable alert for Juma Al Majid,
Click here to add Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum as an alert
Disable alert for Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al ...
DEC held the first hearing session 2012, in the presence of Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of the Emirates Group and Chief Executive of Emirates airline, the meeting was chaired by Juma Al Majid, Chairman of the Council.
Policy recommendations for the DEC on the future of Dubai’s development were also reviewedrmes,” Shaikh Ahmed said. Hani Al Hamli, Secretary General of DEC, and representatives of both public and private sectors in the Emirate of Dubai also attended the meeting.
Shaikh Ahmed said the UAE economy and other countries in the region living in a changing international economic environment. He stressed that the update in the laws would strengthen the business environment and makes it attractive to local and foreign investments, and a driving force for higher competitiveness.
It also must be re-programming of the entire economic development strategy to cope with these changes. “The need for careful consideration of the financial restructuring and bankruptcy law draft to ensure that it serves the national economy,” Juma Al Majed said. “The draft law is a paradigm shift in the legal framework of the national economy,” Al Hamli added.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- MoF refers Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Law Initiative to the Ministry of Justice after Presenting
- New UAE bankruptcy law will make business environment more investor-friendly
- Personal bankruptcy laws key to entrepreneurship
- Kuwait’s social security scheme faces bankruptcy
- Kuwait's social security scheme faces bankruptcy