New Blackberry arrives late in the UAE
The Z10, which was unveiled in a global launch on Jan. 30 in Dubai, was supposed to be available for sale early on Sunday. It didn’t arrive as promised, with retailers across the UAE saying they had not received the shipments they were expecting.
Retailers said they were never given an explanation why, but most speculated that the devices’ BBM Voice, which allows voice and video calls over the internet, was to blame.
Etisalat could not be reached for comment.
The first customer to buy the device from Dubai Mall was a banker from Qatar at 9:10PM at Jumbo’s outlet.
“I was fascinated by the Z10 and I had seen the demo on television,” said Meenal Mahajan, who works at Bank Sarasin Alpen in Qatar. “I am happy to know that I am the first customer to get hold of the new device.”
“I am on a visit to Dubai and I was not all hoping to get one. I am a fan of BlackBerry,” she said.
Jacky’s Electronics also announced that it has received it shipment of phones and were offering them for sale.
Salesmen have been phoning all the pre-booked customers to come and collect their devices.
“I don’t think many will come at this time and I can see a big rush at all the retailers tomorrow [ Monday],” a salesman said.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- Why the new Samsung Galaxy S6 will 'redefine mobility'
- New Blackberry selling fast in the UAE
- First Middle East BlackBerry Developer Day to take place in the UAE on 26 January
- How Bold is the BlackBerry Bold 9900?
- From Beliebers to booliebers: Dubai fans less than impressed with Justin's late arrival
- Etisalat Statement Regarding Suspension of BlackBerry Services in UAE