UAE to build new city in Egypt
UAE's President Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt met Sunday. In a joint communique, which was released after official talks in Cairo, Shaikh Khalifa has ordered the construction of a complete city in Egypt - called Shaikh Khalifa City to be equipped with all public facilities and amenities.
According to Gulf News, the city is a gift from Shaikh Khalifa to the people of Egypt as a token of appreciation of the depth of fraternal relations between the two peoples of Egypt and the UAE.
Shaikh Khalifa has ordered the concerned authorities in the UAE to take the needed measures to start the construction of the city.
- UAE to build Egypt's new $45 billion capital
- Shaikh Zayed's city completed in Gaza
- UAE building new city...in Morocco?! Joint venture signed for mega retail, leisure destination
- What the Arab Spring was about: UAE developer plans $80 billion giant city in Cairo
- Gulf DTH builds new broadcast centre at Dubai Media City