UAE: Call to protect construction sector
Leading contractors and building material suppliers in the UAE called on the government to regulate the country's growing construction sector to protect it from malpractice. According to Gulf News, the new federal ministries of Government Sector Development and Public Works are set to synchronize development activities regarding projects, contractors claim. It should be noted that currently the UAE does not have a unified building code.
- UAE Ministry of Economy, Brand Owners Protection Group sign MoU on IPR protection and enforcement
- Dulsco warns of socioeconomic risks posed by improper waste management in region's rapidly growing construction sector
- Unified building code for the UAE
- UAE official bemoans foreign domination of construction sector
- UAE construction giant Arabtec pledges commitment to use of original software