UAE: Call to protect construction sector
Leading contractors and building material suppliers in the UAE called on the government to regulate the country's growing construction sector to protect it from malpractice. According to Gulf News, the new federal ministries of Government Sector Development and Public Works are set to synchronize development activities regarding projects, contractors claim. It should be noted that currently the UAE does not have a unified building code.
- MCIT signs protocol with the Egyptian Federation for Construction and Building Contractors
- Unified building code for the UAE
- Jordan: Construction industry could collapse of government non-payment
- Kuwait: Huge investments in construction sector
- Demand for construction machinery to soar as huge regional development continues