Documenting financial (mis)behaviour: Al Etihad Credit Bureau to begin issuing consumer credit reports
The credit reports will include records about consumers’ debt levels, financial obligations, credit payments, history of default payments and late payments.
To date, Al Etihad Credit Bureau has completed the process of uploading six months of credit data and information collected from banks and financial institutions to its credit reporting system. Banks and financial institutions will have access to their customers’ recent and up – to –date credit reports and will be able to evaluate them before making any lending or financial decisions.
Marwan Ahmad Lutfi, CEO of Al Etihad Credit Bureau, said: “The strategic objectives of Al Etihad Credit will be achieved through a multiphase process. The first phase, which will be launched in September, will allow banks and financial institutions to access and purchase existing and potential customers’ credit reports electronically after submitting all the necessary documents. Customers will also have access to their credit reports through our soon-to-be-launched customer service centres.”
He added: “The issuance of credit reports to banks and financial institutions is an important step in reducing credit losses resulting from non-performing loans and will in turn help individuals and companies to have a deeper understanding of their financial obligations and debt levels.”
Al Etihad Credit Bureau will continue to collaborate with its partners to upload customers’ credit information for the past 24 months, in addition to individuals’ Emirates ID details.
- You don't need to be Muslim to practice? Why Goldman Sachs' sukuk sales worked so swell this around
- Erdogan's ready to smear the banks: is Turkey about to face a financial crisis worse than that of 2001?
- An economic slowdown? The pros and cons of Israel's weakening shekel
- A spectacle of $8 trillion and more: what's the MENA Investment Conference in London all about?
- An odd dynamic? Saudi using desert to emulate Chinese model and attract Chinese investors
- Benefit Company to establish credit reference bureau service
- Bank customers to have credit scores based on historical data in UAE
- A much-awaited development: UAE aims to dodge another real estate bullet with new credit bureau
- DED plans to establish Credit Bureau in Dubai
- Uptake of credit cards on the rise in UAE