UAE economy to post healthy growth
The UAE economy will grow by over eight per cent this year and inflation, driven mainly by high rents, will fall to four per cent by the middle of this year, the Central Bank Governor said on Sunday.
According to Gulf News, though prices of goods imported from Europe rose in 2004 and rents skyrocketed in 2005, Sultan Bin Nasser Al Suwaidi said inflation is temporary in the country. Al Suwaidi added that the UAE's currency and interest rates would continue to be linked to the US dollar even if inflation continues to climb.
- Capital Markets 2010 Conference concludes with Healthy Outlook for Region’s Growth in Post-Crisis Era
- Addiction or healthy economy? UAE leads the region in online shopping
- UAE banks in healthy second quarter profits
- Jaguar and Land Rover post healthy regional sales for 2003
- UAE: Growing rents to lift inflation