UAE EMKE Group estimates private / own label market to grow by 30% per year
UAE-headquartered EMKE Group, which owns the Lulu and Al Falah supermarket chains and Emirates General Market stores in Abu Dhabi, estimates the Middle East private / own label market will grow by 30% annually.
“EMKE was among the first in the region to introduce its own label food products, including frozen ready-to-eat and meat products, basmati rice, canned foods, pasta, ketchups, sauces, jams, tea, corn flakes among others,” said Ashraf Emay, Executive Director, EMKE Group.
“We sell these products across the Middle East with considerable success and plan to launch our own brand of processed/canned seafood, milk powder and bottled water in the immediate future.”
The Group, which started retailing its own label products two years ago under the Lulu brand across its outlets, says the regional market is now opening to the private label concept and expects it to grow rapidly.
“The launch of the first dedicated regional trade show to serve this sector is a key indicator that own brands have arrived in the Middle East,” said Emay. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Turkish fragrances group to set up office in Dubai
- Regional private label market worth US$ 200 – 250 million
- Dubai to host region’s first Private Label expo in September
- Official: Dubai has potential to be Middle East’s manufacturing hub
- Leading Scandinavian cleaning systems manufacturer to introduce cleaning products into region