UAE at the forefront of burgeoning energy security industry
The UAE, a major player in the global energy market, is investing heavily to ensure that there is enough oil to power Asia’s major economies. The government’s latest ventures in Malaysia reflect the strategic thinking and vision of the UAE’s leadership in supporting global growth. The country has, over the last few years, taken significant strategic initiatives, such as the Abu Dhabi-Fujairah oil pipeline, to ensure uninterrupted supply of energy.
A number of Asian economic powerhouses rely on UAE energy and the country’s latest venture in Malaysia to build a 60 million barrel oil storage facility is in line with the UAE’s commitment to maintaining the smooth supply of oil, even in adverse situations.
In an increasingly volatile global market, uninterrupted supply of energy is crucial to power homes, offices, businesses and industries. It also helps to soothe oil prices that often fluctuate with crisis. Political uncertainties and regional conflicts as well as piracy could hamper the supply of energy that is crucial for global economic growth. In that respect, this strategic move will help the UAE to serve its energy partners better in adverse socio-economic and global environments.
The investment of up to Dh24.8 billion in strategic reserves also reflects the country’s growing clout in the global economy, especially among Asian economies. The Abu Dhabi Government’s investment arms are also partnering with the Malaysian government in the development of a financial centre and large mixed-use projects, which will help strengthen bilateral relations.
- UAE economy minister predicts a rise in oil prices
- Experts meet ahead of Saudi-Bahrain pipeline development
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Plummeting oil prices may drive diversification in the GCC
- Better together? More mergers foreseen after $70 billion Shell takeover of BG
- Market forces can help manage energy security, climate concerns – BP Energy Economist gives insight into global issues
- Panasonic focuses on sustainable living solutions at WETEX 2015
- UAE is becoming a hub for the Development and Deployment of Renewable Energy Technologies
- Masdar to invest in London Array offshore wind farm as first step of a global renewable energy partnership with E.ON