UAE: Etisalat selects Huawei to build large scale commercial FTTH network
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. ("Huawei"), a leader in providing next generation telecommunications network solutions for operators around the world, announced that it has been chosen by Etisalat, the leading integrated service provider in the Middle East, to build a large-scale commercial Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network in the United Arab Emirates.
The planned GPON FTTH network by Etisalat will provide ultra high speed connectivity for families and businesses through the use of optical line terminal (OLT) and optical network terminals (ONT). These terminals can accommodate various application scenarios such as commercial buildings, residential apartments and villas. By the end of 2008, Etisalat expects its direct access to FTTH customer base to be in the hundreds of thousands.
Etisalat has crafted an All IP strategy to drive business and network transformation, rolling out last-mile connectivity using FTTH to replace the current network with fiber optical technology. With Huawei’s cutting edge GPON FTTH solution, Etisalat can fully meet the current and future demand for ultra-high bandwidth access while delivering a better service experience for its customers.
“It's an honor for us to join hands again with Etisalat to build its optical access network. We are committed to leveraging our innovative optical access solutions and extensive global application experiences to provide highly responsive services to Etisalat”, said Mr. Tian Feng, President of Huawei Technologies Middle East and North Africa.
- Zhone’s MXK Platform Selected by Etisalat for Major Rollout of Next Generation GPON Services throughout UAE
- Neon Communications selects ECI Telecom's XDM converged metro optical transport platform
- Huawei to deploy the largest HSPA Network in Middle East and North Africa
- Etisalat & Huawei sign agreement to deliver the Middle East's first LTE network
- Huawei launches the World’s First LTE TDD Wireless Broadband Router