UAE facilities management industry may hit AED 20bn by 2015
Facilities Management (FM) services contracts in the UAE could be valued at approximately AED20 billion per annum by next year, according to G4S, a leading global security and outsourcing group in UAE.
The statistic included FM services that ranged from cleaning services, pest control, office services, landscaping, waste management and building management systems with the exclusion of security services, an average of 60 percent of most industries in the UAE may outsource its FM requirements, says the firm.
G4S — which employs more than 11,500 employees in the UAE to provide manned security services, electronic security solutions and cash solutions, in addition to FM — believes that the emirates' ongoing delivery of new commercial and residential buildings, coupled with an increasing demand for ever-higher levels of service provision, will see the industry continue to grow healthily into the next decade.
"Annual growth in the UAE is driven by the construction boom, as well as the increasing customer demand for improved service levels, not just personnel," said Dubai-based Nigel Hall, UAE director of outsource service in G4S, with reference to an internal study held by G4S.
"The single, most important critical improvement we are seeing in the UAE market is the sophistication of the contracting. FM contracts are becoming more integrated, more metric-based, and crucially, longer in duration. The combined effect of these improvements is better service for customers and of course, improved cost-efficiency for all parties. The UAE is the GCC's leader in this respect," Hall added.
- Bayt.com: More than 70 per cent of Mideast professionals think that meetings are time well spent
- The Suez Project: a good start, but not a substitute for industrialization
- GCC eyes on fertilizers that combat nutrition deficiencies
- New reports tells us all there is to know about salary increases in the GCC
- Misrata: Libya's 'entrepreneurial phoenix'?
- New Facilities Management Service launched in Dubai
- Outsourced Facilities Management sector in GCC to cross AED 36.7 billion by 2012
- GCC FM sector is worth AED17.72 billion & growing @ a CAGR of 15.3%
- Global Management Consultants bags retail account
- National Bank of Dubai to implement Customer Relationship Management software