UAE First Lady donates $1 million for Palestine Ramadhan Feeding Program
The First Lady of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Sheikha Fatima bint Mbarak, who serves as the president of the General Federation of Women and honorary president of the UAE Red Crescent Society, has donated US$1,000,000 for palestine.
According to IINA, the money is directed to finance the Ramadhan Feeding Program, which will be implemented in various parts of Palestine during the holy month, which is expected to start later this week.
Ms. Sanaa Darwish Al-Kutby, the secretary-general of the Red Cross in Abu Dhabi has said that her organization will this year expand the area of distribution of the aid in both Gaza Strip and the West Bank. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Cash-strapped UNWRA cuts Palestinian programs
- PADICO Urges Palestinians Abroad to Invest in West Bank, Gaza
- New funds enable UNRWA food assistance to Palestine refugees
- Syrian Arab Popular Committee gives $75,000 to UNRWA emergency operations
- US to announce $30 million direct aid to the Palestinian Authority