UAE GDP to grow above four per cent - minister
The UAE's economy is expected to grow by four per cent, according to the Minister for Economy
Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri, the UAE Minister of Economy, said that the UAE Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will grow above 4 per cent by the end of this year.
The UAE’s solid economic growth is forecast to continue in 2013 despite the global financial crisis and the slow recovery in the developed nations, he said.
“The trade, logistics and services will lead the UAE growth,” Al Mansouri said.
“The UAE has succeeded in cementing its leading position in the international investment map, as it expands its investment in ports, airports, infrastructure, renewable energy, industry and agriculture locally and internationally. “
The Ministry worked on boosting the UAE’s openness to international markets, through a number of activities and strategic projects which helped in opening new channels of cooperation with other strategic counties.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?