UAE GDP to grow above four per cent - minister
Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri, the UAE Minister of Economy, said that the UAE Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will grow above 4 per cent by the end of this year.
The UAE’s solid economic growth is forecast to continue in 2013 despite the global financial crisis and the slow recovery in the developed nations, he said.
“The trade, logistics and services will lead the UAE growth,” Al Mansouri said.
“The UAE has succeeded in cementing its leading position in the international investment map, as it expands its investment in ports, airports, infrastructure, renewable energy, industry and agriculture locally and internationally. “
The Ministry worked on boosting the UAE’s openness to international markets, through a number of activities and strategic projects which helped in opening new channels of cooperation with other strategic counties.
- Is corruption becoming a systemic practice in Turkey?
- Opportunities and challenges for investing in Egypt's renewable energy sector
- Egypt's financial aid: where does it come from and where does it go to?
- Dual citizenship: double the opportunities or challenges?
- The Middle East's entire 'Wasta' culture needs to go down the drain