Renew and sustain! India and UAE to increase ties in energy sector
The tour also included a discussion of Masdar City’s role in advancing renewable energy adoption globally
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Anthony Mallows as an alert
Disable alert for Anthony Mallows,
Click here to add Mahra Khalid Al Quassimi as an alert
Disable alert for Mahra Khalid Al Quassimi,
Click here to add Masdar City as an alert
Disable alert for Masdar City,
Click here to add Mohammed Al Ramahi as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammed Al Ramahi,
Click here to add Shivraj Singh Chouhan as an alert
Disable alert for Shivraj Singh Chouhan,
Click here to add The Masdar as an alert
Disable alert for The Masdar
The UAE and India are expected to enhance their co-operation in the field of renewable energy and sustainability.
This follows a visit by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his delegation from the Indian State of Madhya Pradesh to Masdar City in Abu Dhabi recently.
The delegation met with the senior members of Masdar City’s management. There was comprehensive briefing followed by a guided tour to showcase the city as an example of sustainability and urban planning best practices.
The Masdar representatives included Mohammed Al Ramahi, chief operating officer of Masdar; Anthony Mallows, director of Masdar City and Mahra Khalid Al Quassimi, director of marketing and corporate communications.
The tour also included a discussion of Masdar City’s role in advancing renewable energy adoption globally, and highlighted the city as an illustrious example of sustainable applications in urban planning.
Chouhan reiterated the importance and mutual benefits stemming from a close collaboration between the UAE and India in the field of renewable energy.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- KACARE delegation visits Masdar City
- Cleaner, Smarter, More Efficient Solutions Key to Sustainable Energy for the Middle East
- Dubai Supreme Council of Energy signs MoU with UNIDO to develop renewable energy and energy efficiency in GCC
- Participation in 2012 Zayed Future Energy Prize soars by 180%