Etisalat is sending UAE's new iPhone purchasers home with extra perks
Both the telecom operators in the country had already started pre-bookings of iPhone 5S, the most forward-thinking smartphone in the world, and iPhone 5C, the most colourful iPhone yet. But Etisalat took lead on Friday by announcing different plans even free device with contracts and half rentals on data package.
Apple’s flagship devices were launched on September 20, 2013 in nine countries, including the US, Canada, China and France. At the launch, it was announced that the company had planned to bring the phones to 100 countries by the end of the year. It was most successful launch ever as the Apple claimed it sold 9 million iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C models in their first three days on the market.
Earlier, Apple announced that the new devices would be available in the UAE, India and some other Gulf and Asian countries from November 1. In the UAE, etisalat is selling 5S with a price range of Dh2,749 for 16 GB to Dh3,549 for 64 GB. The iPhone 5C will be available for Dh2,349 (16GB) and Dh2,749 (32GB). The telecom operator is also providing free iPhone 5C and 5S devices on contract and with attractive plans, with low monthly rentals which offer great value for money.
“Enabling immediate access to the latest technology and advanced products to our subscribers in the UAE is part of our customer-driven business strategy. Given the huge demand for the latest iPhones, we wanted to offer an early opportunity to users to own the latest devices, combined with attractive packages, at the most competitive prices,” Khaled El Khouly, chief marketing officer, Etisalat UAE, said in a statement.
Customers can get devices free with contracts at monthly rentals starting as low as Dh199. At half the normal monthly rental, postpaid subscribers can sign up for a 10GB contract-free data capacity plan at Dh225 per month. Etisalat prepaid Wasel customers will enjoy 1GB free data for the first three months. After that, they will pay a monthly rental as low as AED 99 for the allowance. Etisalat customers can trade their old iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S devices for discounted rates ranging from Dh600 to 1,150 for the new devices.
Besides availing of a free SIM card replacement for their new iPhones, customers can choose and shift between local and international bonus minutes on their package. The unused minutes on the monthly bundle can be rolled over to the following month.
iPhone 5s redefines the best smartphone experience in the world with amazing new features all packed into a remarkable thin and light design, including the Apple-designed A7 64-bit chip, all-new 8 megapixel iSight camera with True Tone flash and introducing Touch ID, an innovative way to simply and securely unlock your phone with just the touch of a finger.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- For emerging markets, the 'c' in iPhone 5c might stand for 'colorful', but certainly not for 'cheap'
- iLoveYou iPhone! iPhone 5s remains the world’s top selling smartphone
- The best argument for normalization? Apple wants to sell iPhones in Iran
- Etisalat announces the ‘New Normal’ for businesses in the UAE
- Etisalat launches iPhone 4 in the UAE on 25 September