UAE seeks investment in Jordan
The UAE is exploring investment opportunities in Jordan in areas of water, renewable energy, tourism, health, public works, education and other development projects, Minister of Economy Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri, said.
These sectors, he said, provide a broad range of economic potentials for mutual interest.
At a meeting yesterday with Jordan’s Minister of Finance Sulaiman Al Hafez and Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan, Al Mansouri called for empowering the UAE-Jordan ministerial economic committee.
The Jordanian ministers briefed Al Mansouri on a package of new projects in Jordan. Ways of boosting economic cooperation between the private companies in both countries were also discussed.
Prospects of joint cooperation in renewable energy were touched in light of the UAE broad experience through Masdar city and as a host to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
- Impetus from within: why the Arab World needs a very Arab 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Fiscal juggling': just how many economic priorities will Saudi Arabia's new King have to focus on?
- Despite Erdogan's 'harsh rhetoric', Turkish-Israeli is still booming
- UAE is best MidEast economy for attracting talent, index says
- The Arab Spring's success story: what will it take for Tunisia to unlock its full economic potential?
- US-Jordan Free Trade Agreement will Help Jordan Attract Foreign Investment
- Jordan’s Investment Promotion Law attracted JD800 million worth of investments in 1999
- jordan investment trust concludes ipo preparations for inwan investment plc to be named amlak finance (jordan)
- Jordan's Government seeks oil, gas prospectors