UAE seeks investment in Jordan
The UAE is exploring investment opportunities in Jordan in areas of water, renewable energy, tourism, health, public works, education and other development projects, Minister of Economy Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri, said.
These sectors, he said, provide a broad range of economic potentials for mutual interest.
At a meeting yesterday with Jordan’s Minister of Finance Sulaiman Al Hafez and Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan, Al Mansouri called for empowering the UAE-Jordan ministerial economic committee.
The Jordanian ministers briefed Al Mansouri on a package of new projects in Jordan. Ways of boosting economic cooperation between the private companies in both countries were also discussed.
Prospects of joint cooperation in renewable energy were touched in light of the UAE broad experience through Masdar city and as a host to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
- Why India is likely to re-emerge as the UAE's top trade partner
- What's really attracting high net worth individuals to living in the UAE?
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women
- Presidential vacuum, Syrian crisis leaves Lebanon's business leaders more than worried
- Oil wells, taxes, and scare tactics: how the IS has been making money all this time