UAE leading advertising market
The UAE topped the list of Arab countries in terms of advertising, with expenditures hitting 484.4 million AUD ($132 million) last Ramadan, according to a report released by the pan-Arab research center (PARC).
Experts state the third quarter of this year has seen a substantial increase in advertising spending partly because of advertising campaigns launched by candidates of the National Commission.
Bassam Yahya, regional director of Advertising Spending Analysis, noted that overall spending rose 27% during Ramadan.
Yahya added that promotional ads of nutrition, clothing, cars and durable goods increased significantly during Ramadan as satellite channels and newspapers tried to reach a wide audience base, as a result of broadcasting more TV productions.
Cabe Bshara Shamat, CEO of Future Communications Agency, stated that the average cost of electoral campaigning can reach half a million Dirham. Newspapers are the biggest winners of such campaigns alongside social networks, which proved effective in the last elections providing citizens information about candidates.
Overall advertising costs in Arab countries, last Ramadan, hit $2.4 billion up over 10% compared to the same period last year. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain spent $165 million, $89 million, $45 million, $28 million and $14 million respectively. As mentioned earlier, the UAE topped the list as it spent $696 million in the January-June period, constituting 12% of overall Arab spending. (Source: www.yallafinance.com)
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- UAE Leads GCC Newspaper Advertising with 32.7 Percent Share
- Bahrain’s advertising spend ‘tops in region’
- Mobile advertising in the UAE increased 60 per cent in the last year
- $60 million spent on advertisement in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan
- Fortune Promoseven announces UAE Nationals Training & Employment Program in Advertising & Marketing Communications