UAE leads Gulf construction market
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) leads the Gulf construction sector with projects under construction in 2005 worth $35.5 billion, say 63.7 percent of the total value of projects under construction in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states, the local news agency WAM has reported.
Saudi Arabia took the second place with $7.8 billion, Qatar in third place with $4.5 billion followed by Kuwait with $3.4 billion, Bahrain with $2 billion and Oman with $1.3 billion, according to a study commissioned by the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC).
- Against all odds: Gulf construction projects worth 1.68 trn
- 45 per cent of projects planned in the Gulf currently under construction in UAE
- UAE's steel construction company eyes Libya market boost on top of 43% revenue growth
- Compaq Leads Gulf State & Saudi Markets, IBM Follows
- UAE building construction market poised to hit USD 64 billion in 2010