UAE - Major investor in Pakistan housing and construction sector
United Arab Emirates is among top countries who are pouring net inflow of direct or private investment worth millions of dollars in Pakistan. Most of the investment is directed to explore possibilities in Pakistan's power generation, housing, construction and cement.
According to the latest available statistics published by the State Bank of Pakistan, the UAE's share in total FDI and foreign private investment during July-December 2004 stood at $34.5 million.
- UAE Investor Eyes Pakistan IT Sector
- China-Pakistan economic corridor: a game-changer for the Middle East?
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Gulf investors boost Pakistan real estate sector
- Middle East investors urged to tap into Brazilian construction sector’s expected 8.87 per cent growth in 2010