UAE: Market for plasma televisions booming
The market for plasma televisions in the UAE is set for a record of 367 per cent growth in four years even as the rate of decline in prices would continue at 12-15 per cent per annum, according to distributors, cited by Khaleej Times.
Deepak J Babani, CEO, Eros Group. was quoted by the paper as saying the television market, especially the plasma TV market, has been witnessing a steady annual growth of 80 per cent. Babani conveyed plasma television sales grew four-fold - from 4,000 units in 2003 to 12,300 units last year.
Babani made these remarks said at the launch of a new line up of Hitachi Plasma TV-7800. "Priced from Dh11,900 to Dh16,500, the 7800 series is offered in 32, 37 and 42 inch formats," he said.
- Abu Tawileh Group Launches 'Knockout' Campaign for Samsung LCD and Plasma TVs
- Panasonic to launch its new range of plasma TVs and digital cameras in the Middle East
- Panasonic launches its 2007 series of VIERA plasma and LCD TVs in Middle East
- Syrian TV drama witnesses remarkable boom
- Panasonic Z Series the Ultimate in Plasma TVs Launched at GITEX 2009