Blackberry problems plague UAE
Disruptions to Research In Motion’s BlackBerry services have been reported by residents in Abu Dhabi with problems spreading into other emirates too.
Storage problems with phone have arisen where saved text messages and e-mails have just vanished out of the blue. This disruption in their Blackberry Services is reported due to a server trial of the Blackberry Software by the Canadian telecommunications company, RIM, experts said.
An Etisalat official said to a news daily that the local telecommunications company has technicians working on fixing any problems with the Etisalat network for Blackberry users until RIM has completed its work on the server.
The big risk to RIM is that the outages will drive so-far loyal BlackBerry customers to give up on the Smartphone amid a series of other stumbles in recent years. Co-chief Executives Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis are under pressure from shareholders to turn around flagging BlackBerry.
Several product launches this year have been pushed back. Amid all those troubles, industry watchers are closely monitoring how RIM responds to the outages.
- Why UAE banks are about to come head to head with Google, Facebook, and Amazon
- Targeted cyber attacks to become 'rampant' in the Middle East
- Will text messaging make it through the 'Whatsapp age'?
- The best argument for normalization? Apple wants to sell iPhones in Iran
- Revolutionary or merely impressive? Here comes the official verdict on the Iphone 6