Blackberry problems plague UAE
Disruptions to Research In Motion’s BlackBerry services have been reported by residents in Abu Dhabi with problems spreading into other emirates too.
Storage problems with phone have arisen where saved text messages and e-mails have just vanished out of the blue. This disruption in their Blackberry Services is reported due to a server trial of the Blackberry Software by the Canadian telecommunications company, RIM, experts said.
An Etisalat official said to a news daily that the local telecommunications company has technicians working on fixing any problems with the Etisalat network for Blackberry users until RIM has completed its work on the server.
The big risk to RIM is that the outages will drive so-far loyal BlackBerry customers to give up on the Smartphone amid a series of other stumbles in recent years. Co-chief Executives Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis are under pressure from shareholders to turn around flagging BlackBerry.
Several product launches this year have been pushed back. Amid all those troubles, industry watchers are closely monitoring how RIM responds to the outages.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch