Blackberry problems plague UAE
Disruptions to Research In Motion’s BlackBerry services have been reported by residents in Abu Dhabi with problems spreading into other emirates too.
Storage problems with phone have arisen where saved text messages and e-mails have just vanished out of the blue. This disruption in their Blackberry Services is reported due to a server trial of the Blackberry Software by the Canadian telecommunications company, RIM, experts said.
An Etisalat official said to a news daily that the local telecommunications company has technicians working on fixing any problems with the Etisalat network for Blackberry users until RIM has completed its work on the server.
The big risk to RIM is that the outages will drive so-far loyal BlackBerry customers to give up on the Smartphone amid a series of other stumbles in recent years. Co-chief Executives Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis are under pressure from shareholders to turn around flagging BlackBerry.
Several product launches this year have been pushed back. Amid all those troubles, industry watchers are closely monitoring how RIM responds to the outages.
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- GCC to pioneer safe and secure online shopping
- Too much for Big Brother to handle? Will the UAE ban Whatsapp after it turns into a calling app as well?
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!
- BlackBerry offline in Europe, Mideast and Africa
- BlackBerry outage hits businesses in the Emirates
- Hanging by a thread, Blackberry attempts comeback with two new models
- Another mishap: BlackBerry withdraws Twitter app update
- Etisalat will be the first operator in the Gulf region to launch the BlackBerry Storm