UAE and Morocco enter bidding war for BNP Paribas' Egyptian retail arm
The sale is expected to generate as much as $500 million for the France’s BNP Paribas, reported Reuters, citing a banking source. "The two parties are clearly the frontrunners for the stake. There is a lot of regional interest for Egyptian assets but some may be backing out, expecting other European assets to be put on the block," Reuters quoted the banking source as saying.
Swiss bank UBS is advising the Moroccan lender on the deal, according to two further sources cited by the newswire.
Attijariwafabank, Emirates NBD and BNP Paribas have all failed to comment.
- United Arab Bank makes AED250,000 contribution to Al Thiqah Club for the Handicapped
- Opening up: is Saudi Arabia's stock market ready for an upgrade?
- Severe symptom of a savings gap? Turkey leads Europe in credit card debt
- Gulf stocks facing some serious 'downward pressures'
- Long-anticipated hike: Dollar on track for best annual gain in nine years