UAE and Morocco enter bidding war for BNP Paribas' Egyptian retail arm
The sale is expected to generate as much as $500 million for the France’s BNP Paribas, reported Reuters, citing a banking source. "The two parties are clearly the frontrunners for the stake. There is a lot of regional interest for Egyptian assets but some may be backing out, expecting other European assets to be put on the block," Reuters quoted the banking source as saying.
Swiss bank UBS is advising the Moroccan lender on the deal, according to two further sources cited by the newswire.
Attijariwafabank, Emirates NBD and BNP Paribas have all failed to comment.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal