UAE and Morocco enter bidding war for BNP Paribas' Egyptian retail arm
The sale is expected to generate as much as $500 million for the France’s BNP Paribas, reported Reuters, citing a banking source. "The two parties are clearly the frontrunners for the stake. There is a lot of regional interest for Egyptian assets but some may be backing out, expecting other European assets to be put on the block," Reuters quoted the banking source as saying.
Swiss bank UBS is advising the Moroccan lender on the deal, according to two further sources cited by the newswire.
Attijariwafabank, Emirates NBD and BNP Paribas have all failed to comment.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue