UAE shows-off their new hi-tech visa
UAE has started a new e-visa system.
Under the new structure the issuance of visas in the country is expected to become more efficient. The e-visa is an electronic-visa sticker-printing programme with highly secure and accurate standards.
The system was launched by Rabat Al Asri Saeed Al Daheri, UAE Ambassador to Morocco. Al Daheri said the new system is in sync with Ministry of Foreign Affairs' vision to promote efficient consular services and adopt the most advanced technology.
Already residents and visitors to some emirates like Dubai are able to receive entry permits and visas by e-mail. Pertinently Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD) has most of its services online.
- Good luck blockading that: In Gaza, an IT company has Google-sized aspirations
- Can television survive amid digital challenge?
- The notorious industry: comparing foreign vs. local tobacco brands on the Arab street
- Dubai 360 launches the world’s largest online interactive city tour
- What's more common in the UAE- Nokia or the iPhone 5s? Make a second guess!