UAE ranked among top 10 countries in ACNielsen's Consumer Confidence Index
The UAE was ranked ninth among the top ten countries worldwide for consumer confidence in ACNielsen's Consumer Confidence Index.
The index, based on consumer’s opinion of the local economy, job opportunities and other economic factors, placed the UAE ahead of the United States and Britain, according to <i>Gulf News</i>.
According to ACNielsen, high consumer confidence in the UAE is a result of government efforts to provide ample employment opportunities and a high standard of living to the country’s citizens and residents.
Some analysts, however, warn that though confidence and employment remain high, policy makers should be wary nonetheless of rising inflation.
Such inflation, they say, will inevitably be felt by the general public as it grows and is already being felt by expatriates living in the UAE.
- Oman's consumer confidence ranks first for Mideast
- U of M Consumer Confidence Unexpectedly Rises in March, Still Near 29-Year Lows
- Egyptians' confidence in Sisi reflected in their rising consumer confidence levels
- Egypt: Consumer confidence falls off a cliff
- Optimism for Abu Dhabi as "Consumer Confidence" grows