Is the UAE Skype 'ban' lifted?
Reports about the website, which offers cheap phone calls over the internet and is blocked in the UAE, have been growing on social media sites since Thursday.
It has yet to be determined whether this is due to a change in policy from the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA) or an inadvertent lifting of the block. Previously, the TRA has stated that only licensed telecoms could offer internet callings or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoiP) in the UAE.
Both the telcom operators were not available to comment at the time of going to the press.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents