New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
The new UAE Smart Government App Store has been highly rated by users since its official launch on March 27.
The average rating, on the Google Play Store for Android smartphones, is hovering around 4.7 on a 5-star scale.
The rating could change as more users rate the app store, which contains 100 government apps offering 700 customer services
The store, which is essentially an app for apps, is downloadable on the Apple Store for iPhones as well. It includes all official federal and local UAE government apps.
The online application serves as a single-window, one-stop shop to view and download smart government services.
On offer are free apps that enable users to complete a variety of transactions such as paying bills, viewing fines or finding government offices.
Accessible in English and Arabic, the store allows users to view and search m-government apps, complete with screen grabs, a description, and their key features.
Developed by the UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), the store takes users to their respective app store once an app is selected for download.
The current Version 1.0 also allows users to share and rate apps, and receive notifications.
However, there are no apps currently listed under the Fujairah and Umm Al Quwain headers.
The store was officially launched by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on March 27.
The development is part of the move towards a Smart Government in mid-2015, according to a strategic plan that was announced during the last government summit in Dubai earlier this year.
National news agency WAM reported that the launch of the new store is “based on the partnership and coordination with Google and Apple to ensure delivering government services through the new store that are reliable, secure, and maintain the data of government transactions of individuals and businesses.”
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- Microsoft exec: Lebanon needs wider broadband
- Bye bye bureaucracy? UAE launches world's first smart government app store
- ENOC launches feature-rich App to support Smart Dubai vision and enhance customer satisfaction
- One-stop to Shop Online
- Smart travel to the UAE with new online visa app
- Dubai Culture launches dedicated app for Dubai Public Library at GITEX 2014