New Smartphones to hit UAE markets in December
EMS, a UAE-based smartphone company, is set to launch its new range of ‘be’ smartphones with five different models.
The products are based on the Android platform and will be available from December 10 at all leading electronic retailers in the emirates, said a statement.
The brand already has a strong presence in international markets with customers in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Poland, it said.
“The smartphones are backed by a strong after sales support service in launched countries. Additionally, EMS is offering an international warranty with all the ‘be’ smartphones,” said Babar Khan, CEO.
The smartphones are built on a solid foundation aimed at enhancing consumers’ smartphone and mobility experience, he said. Applications like BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and AVG Anti-Virus are pre-installed.
The range comprises three major categories catering to distinct market segments - b. Elite (flagship), b. social (full featured) and b. united (best value for money).
The flagship range ‘b. Elite’ runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean, sports a 5-inch qHD screen powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad core processor, and offers an 8MP + 2MP dual camera combo for a high quality video calling experience.
The ‘b. social’ range comprises two models, one featuring 1.2GHz dual core, 4-inch WVGA Screen, Android 4.2 Jellybean along with 3MP camera and front camera, and the second featuring a Qualcomm 1.2 GHz Quad Core snapdragon processor, a high resolution 4-inch IPS display and comes with a 5MP camera and front camera.
The ‘b. united’ also comprises two model, one featuring 1.0 GHz dual core processor and an optimal sized 3.5-inch HVGA screen, running the Android 4.2 Jellybean, and the other featuring a 1.2 GHz dual core processor, Android Jellybean 4.2 and a high quality 3.75-inch IPS display.
- The 10 trends that will likely shape the MENA's digital space in 2014
- Hating Google Glass? Blame psychology
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- GCC to pioneer safe and secure online shopping
- Too much for Big Brother to handle? Will the UAE ban Whatsapp after it turns into a calling app as well?
- Axiom Telecom Becomes Distributor for BlackBerry Smartphones in the Middle East
- No holding the line in the Middle East
- Smartphone sales topped 1 billion for the first time ever and Apple is seriously missing out
- Smartphones the new 'must-have' for professionals
- Jacky’s Electronics sees 30% surge in Smartphone demand during Q1 2009