Sony PS4s to go on sale in UAE -- and you won't believe the markups retailers are charging!
Gamers can get the PlayStation 4 Console as key retailers are holding launches at their stores across the UAE on Thursday at 11pm according to Gulf News.
Geekay Games, Sharaf DG, Virgin Megastore and Jumbo Electronics are the key retailers which had started pre-bookings from July.
The device, which has sold over 2.1 million units worldwide, will be launched across several countries in the Middle East on Friday.
“We got more than 1,500 pre-orders and some more for pre-sales but I don’t have enough to support the launch. Most of our stores will be opened to meet the huge rush,” Kishan Deepak Palija, Managing Director, Geekay Group MEA, told Gulf News.
He said Geekay does not have sufficient stocks for next week.
“It looks like we will get the next shipment by pre-Christmas,” Palija said.
Geekay is the only retailer which is opening all its stores in UAE, Oman and Bahrain for the launch.
“We are excited about the launch and it is finally here in the Middle East. There are enough devices to meet the pre-orders and some more for the pre-sales as well,” said Robert Fisser, general manager of Sony Computer Entertainment in Middle East, Africa, Turkey and India.
“We will get shipments coming on a regular basis. If you look at the incredible sellout, we may face a shortage but we are trying to fill the supply gap as soon as possible,” Fisser said.
Sony will continue to support the PS3 console for many years and “it’s a key driver to our business and we will continue to support it with blockbuster titles”.
The games available at the launch are Killzone: Shadowfall, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Knack, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvels, NBA 2K14,FIFA 14 and Need for Speed Rivals.
Virgin Megastore said that it is opening only five stores for the midnight launch. “We got 1,300 pre orders for the launch and limited quantities for pre-sale,” a Virgin Megastore spokesperson said.
Many of the online retailers are selling the device for Dh1,200 more than the tag price. The standalone console will be Dh1,699 and PS4+Killzone game bundle for Dh1,899 in the UAE. Apart from the console there would be 10 games and accessories available for the entertainment of the gamers. The controller is Dh269 and the camera is Dh299.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Sony PlayStation expects to corner 75 percent of Middle East gaming market in 2003
- Eid came early? iPhone 6 makes it to Dubai, sells out on first day
- The First PlayStation Store in Middle East opens in Riyadh
- Sony launches bilingual website at GITEX Shopper
- H&M expands across KSA with two new stores in Sahara Mall and Riyadh Gallery