Multiple entry visa will make life easier in UAE from September
UAE is all set to introduce a multiple entry visa system from September this year.
To begin with the facility will be extended to cruise passengers to Dubai. The plan has been under discussion for almost three years.
"The move would be a big boost to Dubai's growing tourism industry," Hamad bin Mejren, executive director of Business Tourism at Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), said.
"We have re-emphasised the importance of having implemented a multiple entry UAE visa to the highest level and it is underway," Hamad said in a statement.
Once implemented the new visa regime will boost the region's travel. UAE tourism industry has been pushing the federal authorities to introduce the system as quickly as possible.
Experts say that multiple entry visa can speed things up as ships use Dubai as the hub to sail to other countries in the region such as Oman, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait. At present, a lot of foreign travellers must secure several UAE entry visas.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal