U.S. exports to UAE rising...at least in this sector
Transportation exports from the U.S., mainly in terms of Boeing-UAE airline deals, are behind the spike in bilateral trade between the U.S. and the UAE in 2013 (File Archive)
Transportation equipment was the largest subset of US exports to the UAE in 2013 as bilateral trade reached $26.9 billion (Dh98,803 billion).
Boeing aircraft and GE engines were the largest contributors to transportation equipment export numbers, totaling $9.4 billion in 2013 — a 38 per cent of the total US exports in 2013.
US exports to the UAE in 2012 were $24.6 billion.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Kuwait economy's growth one of the highest in the world
- Dubai Exports sees increase of UAE exports in construction sector to Saudi Arabia in 2011
- Total exports of Bahrain in 2004 stood at BD2.83bn, an increase of 13.4% over 2003
- UAE exports on the rise
- Dubai Exports urges local exporters to build on rising opportunities in India’s foods sector