Technical hitch leaves scores of UAE workers without pay
The Ministry of Labor created the Wage Protection System, which was implemented by the UAE government, was to help maintain a uninterrupted flow of funds for workers in the country. The object was to produce a faster means of payment to workers in the Emirates. Its goal is to help protect the rights of all workers and to help bridge the communication gap between labor and supervisors.
Companies in the UAE are now being forced to abide by the new system in the coming months or they could suffer a severe penalty and/or criminal punishment. Furthermore, the government could suspend all future work permits for those companies that do not abide by the new wage system.
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch
- Why the new Samsung Galaxy S6 will 'redefine mobility'
- Blackberries officially gone: Meet the UAE's top 10 smartphones
- No plastic! Why Samsung got 'a lot right' when it comes to the new S6