Technical hitch leaves scores of UAE workers without pay
The Ministry of Labor created the Wage Protection System, which was implemented by the UAE government, was to help maintain a uninterrupted flow of funds for workers in the country. The object was to produce a faster means of payment to workers in the Emirates. Its goal is to help protect the rights of all workers and to help bridge the communication gap between labor and supervisors.
Companies in the UAE are now being forced to abide by the new system in the coming months or they could suffer a severe penalty and/or criminal punishment. Furthermore, the government could suspend all future work permits for those companies that do not abide by the new wage system.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue