Technical hitch leaves scores of UAE workers without pay
The Ministry of Labor created the Wage Protection System, which was implemented by the UAE government, was to help maintain a uninterrupted flow of funds for workers in the country. The object was to produce a faster means of payment to workers in the Emirates. Its goal is to help protect the rights of all workers and to help bridge the communication gap between labor and supervisors.
Companies in the UAE are now being forced to abide by the new system in the coming months or they could suffer a severe penalty and/or criminal punishment. Furthermore, the government could suspend all future work permits for those companies that do not abide by the new wage system.
- I just called to say... Saudi mobile phone market is the biggest in MENA
- Mobile mania! MENA cell phone sales higher than ever in 2014
- Online freedom vs. the red flag: five disturbing facts about Turkey's Internet Law
- Saudi Arabia, Jordan lead cell phone market competitiveness
- Is cloud computing clouding the judgement of ME businesses?