UHS delivers critical supplies to Iraqi hospitals
Universal Hospital Services (UHS) has donated seven pallets of medical supplies to southern Iraq, which were shipped via Northwest Airlines and KLM to Kuwait City.
The supplies will be distributed by the American Refugee Committee (ARC) in hospitals in southern Iraq's Maysan province, where ARC has its base of humanitarian operations.
Post-war Iraq suffers from a variety of problems that seriously affect the health of its population. Hospitals are full to capacity with children and adults suffering from diarrheal disease, lung disorders, and other poverty- related illnesses. Meanwhile the hospitals, especially in the south, face overcrowding and severe shortages of all kinds of equipment and supplies.
US-based UHS is a nationwide provider of medical technology outsourcing and services to more than 5,900 acute care hospitals and alternate site providers and major medical equipment manufacturers. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- A Freudian slip? Iraqi air force delivers food supplies and ammunition to IS by mistake
- Afghan Hospital Crisis as Airstrikes Cut Medicine Supply: Taliban
- Tejari and GoldenB2B Hospitality join forces to create seamless end-to-end purchasing solutions for the hospitality sector
- CPA provides equipment to Iraqi hospital
- New IS video features British hostage criticizing U.S. policy