UNDP chief: Economy of Arab World in decline
The Middle East is the only region in the world whose economy is shrinking, the chief of the UN Development Programme (UNDP) told the Beirut-based An-Nahar newspaper on Saturday.
According to Mark Malloch, while other developing regions may stagnate, the Arab world is the only to actually be regressing.
While in visit in Lebanon, Malloch also called on Arab states to be more open to political reforms if they wanted to halt this decline. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US Middle East Partnership to create “Free and Dynamic Economies” in the Arab World
- UNDP: Bahrain leads Arab World in human development
- UNDP's Hunaidi decries '\'Illiteracy of the Mind'\' in the Arab World
- Beirut hosts conference on fiscal reforms in Arab countries
- Tehran to host G-77 conference in August