Unemployment among Saudis hits 10.5%
New figures published by the Saudi Department of Statistics and Information, revealed that the rate of unemployment among Saudis reached 10.5 percent. The number of unemployed Saudis of both sexes rose to about 448,000, 44.2 percent of them with university degrees.
The results of the workforce survey indicated the number of unemployed Saudis as of August 2009 rose to 448,547 people, compared with 416,350 people in the previous survey carried out in the same month of 2008. According to the data, the unemployment rate for males hit 6.9 percent, compared with 6.8 percent for the same period of 2008, while the unemployment rate rose for females from 29.9 percent to 28.4 percent.
- The tip of the iceberg: Gaza War to 'leave a dent' in the Israeli economy
- Starting with fewer power cuts, what has Eid brought to the Egyptian economy?
- From escaping to winning: the story of the Lebanese who are 'making it big' in Brazil
- A will with no way: Egypt's charitable spirit dampened with economic hardship
- OPEC exports largest share of petroleum to Asian and Pacific countries in 2013