Unemployment among Saudis hits 10.5%
New figures published by the Saudi Department of Statistics and Information, revealed that the rate of unemployment among Saudis reached 10.5 percent. The number of unemployed Saudis of both sexes rose to about 448,000, 44.2 percent of them with university degrees.
The results of the workforce survey indicated the number of unemployed Saudis as of August 2009 rose to 448,547 people, compared with 416,350 people in the previous survey carried out in the same month of 2008. According to the data, the unemployment rate for males hit 6.9 percent, compared with 6.8 percent for the same period of 2008, while the unemployment rate rose for females from 29.9 percent to 28.4 percent.
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Saudi Arabia's plastic consumption 20 times higher than global average
- VAT in Egypt: A guide to taxed and exempted goods
- Go big or go home: Expat salaries soar in Dubai
- Lebanon: Financial analysts warn of long-term economic repercussions after BLOM Bank attack