Unemployment in Israel is on rise
Unemployment in Israel is on the rise, despite efforts by the government and Israel National Employment Service (INES) to stop its expansion.
The number of job-seekers amounted a seasonally-adjusted 233,000 last month, only 909 fewer than in the all-time peak posted in January 2004.
According to Globes, the number of job-seekers increased by 2.2%, or 4,818 persons, in one month. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Unemployment continues to rise in Israel
- UAE private firms urged to employ nationals or face penalties
- Palestinian unemployment rises by 190.5% since outbreak of uprising in September 2000
- 24 government departments join Dubai eGovernment's centralized recruitment system
- Swiss Unemployment Hits Highest Rate in Almost Five Years