UNICEF's distribution of water continues in Fallujah
UNICEF's distribution of water continues in Fallujah where some 67,000
Internally Displaced Persons were provided with 10.7 million litres of drinking
water. A desk review is currently ongoing to assess water tankering activities, a recent US report has indicated. The recommendations of the review will help strengthen this component.
Meanwhile, half of a $36.7 million USAID grant to UNICEF for health and water and sanitation programs is being used to support water supply and sanitation
improvement projects throughout Iraq. As a result of these programs,
vulnerable populations are gaining access to potable water and improved
sanitation is helping to decrease the incidence of waterborne diseases.
- The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation, UNICEF and partners join hands for improving water quality management in Egypt
- UNICEF/WFP Chiefs call for renewed support to Pakistan's flood victims
- USAID grants UNICEF $8 million for health, water and sanitation services in Iraq
- USAID grants UNICEF $12.6 million for Iraqi education scheme
- Aramex expands collaboration with UNICEF