Unilever Eyeing the Palestinian Market
Unilever is looking to increase its investment in Palestine.
A senior delegation from Unilever recently concluded an inspection visit to this market to scrutinize its prospects. Unilever Palestine commenced its operation late last year, Al-Hayat Al-Jadeedah Daily reported.
The visit also included separate meetings with Palestinian Industry Minister, Dr. Sa'adi Kurnz; Palestinian Trade and Economy Minister, Maher Al-Masri and a number of other local business and industry leaders. The talks concentrated on the future prospects of the Palestinian economy and trade activity on the local and global levels.
Talking to the press following the meetings, Farid Saleh, Unilever Palestine manager stated that the visitors expressed interest in the planned Jenin industrial zone. Unilever might launch a feasibility study to build a new industrial project in this zone, Mr. Saleh revealed. He added that during the talks the possibility of boosting investment and launching new products in Palestine were seriously discussed.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Unilever markets Mazola-Knorr range of food products in GCC
- Food and personal product companies established in Egypt
- Unilever regional sales up seven percent
- Unilever’s Middle East turnover up 11 percent in 1Q 2003
- Saudi encounters: Gulf billionaire to meet with business leaders in rare Palestine visit Tuesday