Union National Bank recorded $66 million in net profits for 2001
The Emirates-based Union National Bank (UNB) announced a 20 percent increase in its net profit for 2001, reaching 243 million Emirati Dirhams ($66 million) compared to Dh 202 million in 2000, confirmed the bank’s annual report.
The bank’s total assets were up 9.9 percent to 13.3 billion dirhams from 12.1 billion dirhams in 2000 and earnings per share reached 3.25 dirhams in 2001, up from 2.71 dirhams in the previous year.
UNB was established in 1982, with its head office located in Abu Dhabi. The bank currently operates 24 branches in the United Arab Emirates and maintains 35 automated teller machines (ATM) around the country. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Union National Bank recorded a 30 percent net profit increase in 1Q 2002
- Union Properties recorded $19 million in profits for 2001
- Qatar National Bank records 7.4 percent net profit rise in 2001
- Arab Bank records $250.6 million net profits in 2001
- Kuwait’s Gulf Bank records 19 percent net profit rise in 2001