University of Sharjah approves Dh605m ($164m) budget
A total of 2,877 students, achieving an average of 89.2 per cent marks in their high school degrees, were accepted for the 2013-2014 academic year.
: The board of trustees of University of Sharjah (UoS) has approved a Dh 605 million ($164m) budget for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The budget was approved during the board’s meeting chaired by His Highness Dr Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah and President of the UoS.
Dr Shaikh Sultan expressed his satisfaction with the level of development achieved by the UoS, as well as its scientific accomplishments that are in line with its strategic plan for 2014.
He expressed his appreciation for efforts exerted by the university’s administration and staff, which he said were major factor in achieving these accomplishments and progress. He said he was also satisfied with the level of development in research and educational programmes of the university.
The board approved setting up a scholarship programme for exemplary Emirati graduates applying for Masters and Phd courses. The programme will be implemented on a domestic and international level, allowing Emiratis to travel abroad to prestigious universities to complete their degrees. The programme aims to allow Emiratis with required qualifications to later join academic staff in specialisations required by the university.
The board noted an increase in the number of students applying to various colleges of the university. A total of 2,877 students, achieving an average of 89.2 per cent marks in their high school degrees, were accepted for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The board approved setting up a new Masters degree programme in biotechnology.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Sharjah Ruler Shaikh Sultan Honored at Cairo University
- Abu Dhabi Executive Council support enables human capital development and implementation of renewable energy projects in the UAE
- Amany Meets with Mohammad Sultan
- DUBAI ALUMINIUM MARKS 2005 WITH ANOTHER STELLAR ALL-ROUND PERFORMANCE
- UAE approve 2013 budget plans