US and Saudi Arabia conclude a $1.6 billion arms deal
A $1.6 billion arms deal has been concluded between the United States and Saudi Arabia, a Riyadh-based US diplomat told the Associated Press news service, on condition of anonymity.
According to the diplomat, the deal involves a three-year contract worth $1.6 billion for the maintenance of Saudi Arabia’s F-16 jet fighters. It will provide employment to 1,000 people.
The diplomat says that the deal also includes the modernization of the Saudi National Guard, which will receive 1,827 anti-tank rockets, tactical communications equipment and 132 armored vehicles. ¯ (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Spain, Saudi Arabia negotiate 3 billion euro arms deal
- Report: US to Supply Advanced Arms to Egypt, Saudi Arabia
- Hagel to finalize multi-billion dollar arms deal on first Mideast visit as defense secretary
- US approves $1.29 billion arms deal with Saudi
- Profiteering off the Gulf's arms rush? US plans billion dollars arms sale to Saudi Arabia