US and Saudi Arabia conclude a $1.6 billion arms deal
A $1.6 billion arms deal has been concluded between the United States and Saudi Arabia, a Riyadh-based US diplomat told the Associated Press news service, on condition of anonymity.
According to the diplomat, the deal involves a three-year contract worth $1.6 billion for the maintenance of Saudi Arabia’s F-16 jet fighters. It will provide employment to 1,000 people.
The diplomat says that the deal also includes the modernization of the Saudi National Guard, which will receive 1,827 anti-tank rockets, tactical communications equipment and 132 armored vehicles. ¯ (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi, French company win $2.2 billion deal to develop Riyadh's public transport
- Saudi Arabia: Signing of major deal delayed following death of Hariri
- Saudi-Japanese six-month exchanges at $8.1 billion
- Saudi-British trade reaches $1.16 billion during first half
- BAE in talks with Saudi Arabia on joint venture deal